Take the Next Steps with Us!
Thank you for considering our school for your child. We are committed to making the admission process a positive experience for your family.
Like many area schools, Seattle Waldorf School uses a web-based program called Ravenna to facilitate our admission applications. Through Ravenna, you will be able to RSVP for events and complete the core application and supplemental forms (such as teacher evaluations and parent/guardian statements) online.
Please submit an online inquiry form. This step will enable you to easily receive more information about our school and help expedite the registration process in Ravenna.
If you have not yet created a Ravenna account, please do so now. Then, select Seattle Waldorf School to register for upcoming events. Follow this link for our admission event schedule.
As part of the application process, you must attend at least one Info Session or Open House.
In Ravenna, select Seattle Waldorf School to begin your application.
- Delegate your child’s teacher/class instructor to fill in a teacher evaluation via Ravenna (be sure to allow teachers plenty of time to complete this step).
- Submit the Request for Records to your child’s current school (for applicants in grades 1–12).
After we have received your completed application, teacher evaluations, and student records, we will contact you to discuss the next steps in the admission process.
Applications are due January 14, 2021.
If you are invited for an interview, please note the following information:
- For preschool and kindergarten applicants, a 45-minute parent interview will be scheduled upon completion of your application. This can be done via Zoom or on campus taking into account all COVID-19 precautions (socially distanced, masked, and outside).
- For grade school applicants, upon completion of an application, a 30–45 minute parent/guardian interview will be scheduled via Zoom with the Director of Enrollment and the Grade School Pedagogical Chair. Upon completion of this initial interview, the student and their parent/guardian will be invited to campus, taking into account all COVID-19 precautions (socially distanced, masked, and outside) for a meet and greet with the class teacher and a grade school assessment. The next day, the student will be invited to participate in the morning lesson for their prospective class. Currently, this opportunity will be online.
- For high school applicants, upon completion of an application, a 30–45 minute parent/guardian interview will be scheduled via Zoom with the Director of Enrollment and a Class Sponsor. Upon completion of this initial interview, the student and their parent/guardian will be invited to campus, taking into account all COVID-19 precautions (socially distanced, masked, and outside) for a student interview and assessment. In addition, the student will be invited to participate in the morning lesson for their prospective class. Currently, this opportunity will be online.
- For high school students, admission decisions will be released February 19, 2021.
- For preschool, kindergarten, and grade school students, admission decisions will be released March 19, 2021.
Is Seattle Waldorf School currently accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year?
Seattle Waldorf School is currently accepting applications for grade school, middle school, and high school students for our 2020-21 school year. We currently have space in our Side by Side distance learning program for preschool and kindergarten. Our on-campus Essential Care program for preschool and kindergarten has a waitlist.
When should we begin the application process?
Families should begin their applications in the fall one year before they wish to enroll. The application deadline for the 2021-22 school year is January 14, 2021.
As part of the application process, will our student have an opportunity to visit the school?
Currently, due to our COVID-19 protocols, only students and parents/guardians invited for an interview will be able to visit our campus. Interviews and assessments will take place outside, socially distanced and masked. All visitors to campus must fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to their arrival that day.
What should we expect in the interview?
Parents/guardians of preschool and kindergarten applicants meet with Admission staff to discuss their hopes for their child’s education and whether SWS is a good fit for their family.
Applicants for grade school and middle school are assessed by a teacher and our Education Support Specialist while parents/guardians meet with the Director of Enrollment and the Grade School Pedagogical Chair.
Parents/guardians of high school applicants meet with the Director of Enrollment and a Class Sponsor while students complete an assessment and attend the appropriate classes.
What constitutes a completed application?
In addition to the parent portion of the application (and student essay for high school applicants), a completed application file includes a teacher evaluation (two for older students), a school transcript and/or copies of report cards as applicable, and copies of standardized test results as applicable.
How are admission decisions made?
Admission decisions are made by our admission committee.
For preschool and kindergarten applicants, we are seeking families who value our early childhood philosophy and seek a school that will provide a healthy, balanced, and nurturing childhood experience.
While evidence of achievement and motivation is essential, admission to the school is not just about numbers. The school welcomes independent thinkers and looks closely at each applicant, carefully weighing all facets. Seattle Waldorf presents extraordinary opportunities for its students to thrive and achieve, and seeks students who will take full advantage of these opportunities.
When will we know if admission is offered?
Seattle Waldorf School agrees to the common admission notification dates established by Puget Sound Independent Schools. For admission to the 2020-21 academic year, the notification date will be February 19, 2021 for high school applicants, and March 19, 2021 for all other applicants. The parent/guardian response (confirmation and deposit) is due by February 26, 2021 for high school and March 26, 2021 for all others.
What happens when my child is placed in the wait pool?
When an applicant is considered to be a good fit for the program, but space is not available, the applicant is placed in the wait pool. Typically, we offer places to students in the wait pool within the first two weeks to one month after notification. However, occasionally an opening may occur in late spring or summer, so it is important to keep us informed of your continued interest in Seattle Waldorf and updated with any changes to your contact information. A wait pool applicant does not have a specific place in the wait pool, but will be offered an available space based on the class composition.
Is financial aid available?
Seattle Waldorf School is committed to providing need-based financial aid to qualifying families. Financial aid awards are available for families with children enrolled in kindergarten through grade 12 who have submitted all required documents by the deadlines determined by the school. Admission decisions are made separately from financial aid awards. Please visit the Affordability page for more information.
How old does my child need to be for each grade?
For preschool, children should be 2.5 by September 1.
For the mixed-age kindergarten, children should be 4 by June 1.
For first grade, children should be 6 by June 1.
Join us for a virtual information session and learn about our programs.
ADMIN OFFICE & MEADOWBROOK CAMPUS2728 NE 100th Street Seattle, WA 98125 206.524.5320 206.523.3920
KINDERHAUS CAMPUS4919 Woodlawn Ave N Seattle, WA 98103
HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS7777 62nd Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98115 206.522.2644
MISSION Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.