Take the Next Steps with Us!
Thank you for considering our school for your student. We are committed to making the admission process a positive experience for your family.
Like many area schools, Seattle Waldorf School uses a web-based program called Ravenna to facilitate our admission applications. Through Ravenna, you will be able to RSVP for events and complete the core application and supplemental forms (such as teacher evaluations and parent/guardian statements) online.
Please submit an online inquiry form. This step will enable you to easily receive more information about our school and help expedite the registration process in Ravenna.
If you have not yet created a Ravenna account, please do so now. Then, select Seattle Waldorf School to register for upcoming events. Follow this link for our admission event schedule.
As part of the application process, you must attend at least one tour, Info Session or Open House.
In Ravenna, select Seattle Waldorf School to begin your application.
- Delegate your child’s teacher/class instructor to fill in a teacher evaluation via Ravenna (be sure to allow teachers plenty of time to complete this step).
- Submit the Request for Records to your child’s current school (for applicants in grades 1–12).
After we have received your completed application, teacher evaluations, and student records, we will contact you to discuss the next steps in the admission process. Next steps may include a parent/guardian interview, a visit day for the student, and a parent/guardian and student interview (depending on the applicant grade level).
Applications are due January 12, 2023.
If you are invited for a visit day and/or an interview, please note the following information:
- For preschool and kindergarten applicants, a 30-minute parent/guardian interview will be scheduled upon completion of your application. This will be done via Zoom and you will be sent a sign-up link to schedule a time. Interviews for preschool and kindergarten will begin in February.
- For grade school/middle school applicants, upon completion of all application materials, select students will be invited to campus for a two-day visit. Students will participate in morning lesson with the class teacher, take part in all specialty classes meeting on those days, and participate in an academic assessment. After the visit day, the admission office will schedule a parent/guardian interview via Zoom with the Director of Enrollment. Visits and interviews will begin in February.
- For high school applicants, upon completion of all application materials, select students will be invited to campus for a one-day visit. During the visit day students will attend classes, meet with current students, and take part in a group interview and Q&A session. After the visit day, the admission office will schedule a parent/guardian interview via Zoom with the Director of Enrollment and a representative from the high school faculty. Visits and interviews will begin mid-January.
- For high school students, admission decisions were released February 24, 2023.
- For preschool, kindergarten, and grade school/middle school students, admission decisions were released March 17, 2023.
Is Seattle Waldorf School currently accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year?
Seattle Waldorf School is still accepting applications for select classes for the 2023–24 school year. Please email email@example.com for more information.
When should we begin the application process?
Families should begin their applications in the fall one year before they wish to enroll. The application deadline for the 2023-24 school year is January 12, 2022.
As part of the application process, will our student have an opportunity to visit the school?
Yes! We are hosting small, in-person tours this year at Seattle Waldorf School, and all students invited for a visit day will be able to join our current students in-person on campus. Thank you!
What should we expect in the interview?
The interview process at all levels is an opportunity for the admission team to get to know your family better. You will have time to ask any remaining questions to ensure that Seattle Waldorf School might be a good fit for your student. In the upper grades, students will take place in a group interview to allow them more agency in the decision-making process.
What constitutes a completed application?
In addition to the parent/guardian portion of the application (and student question and essay for middle school and high school applicants), a completed application file includes a teacher evaluation (two for older students), a school transcript and/or copies of report cards as applicable, and copies of standardized test results as applicable. You must also attend one of our in-person or virtual events.
How are admission decisions made?
Admission decisions are made by our admission committee.
For preschool and kindergarten applicants, we are seeking families who value our play-based and outdoor curriculum and who seek a school that will provide a healthy, balanced, and nurturing childhood experience.
While evidence of achievement and motivation is essential, admission to the school is not just about numbers. The school welcomes individual, independent, and diverse thinkers and looks closely at each applicant, carefully weighing all facets. Seattle Waldorf School presents extraordinary opportunities for its students to thrive and achieve, and seeks students who will take full advantage of these opportunities.
When will we know if admission is offered?
Seattle Waldorf School agrees to the common admission notification dates established by Puget Sound Independent Schools. For admission to the 2023-24 academic year, the notification date will be February 24, 2023 for high school applicants, and March 17, 2023 for all other applicants. The parent/guardian response (confirmation and deposit) is due by March 3, 2023 for high school and March 24, 2023 for all others.
What happens when my child is placed in the wait pool?
When an applicant is considered to be a good fit for the program, but space is not available, the applicant is placed in the wait pool. Typically, we offer places to students in the wait pool within the first two weeks to one month after notification. However, occasionally an opening may occur in late spring or summer, so it is important to keep us informed of your continued interest in Seattle Waldorf and updated with any changes to your contact information. A wait pool applicant does not have a specific place in the wait pool, but will be offered an available space based on the class composition.
Is financial aid available?
Seattle Waldorf School is committed to providing need-based financial aid to qualifying families. Financial aid awards are available for families with children enrolled in pre-k through grade 12 who have submitted all required documents by the deadlines determined by the school. Admission decisions are made separately from financial aid awards. Please visit the Affordability page for more information.
How old does my child need to be for each grade?
For preschool, children should be 2.5 by September 1.
For the mixed-age kindergarten, children should be 4 by June 1.
For first grade, children should be 6 by June 1.
Contact the Admissions Office
Lea Werbel, Director of Advancement/Enrollment (Grades 1-12)
Dina Tripalis, Admissions Associate & Registrar (Pre-K-Kindergarten)
ADMIN OFFICE & MEADOWBROOK CAMPUS2728 NE 100th Street Seattle, WA 98125 206.524.5320 206.523.3920
KINDERHAUS CAMPUS4919 Woodlawn Ave N Seattle, WA 98103
HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS7777 62nd Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98115 206.522.2644
MISSION Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.