Work with Us
Seattle Waldorf School is seeking top talent to help us realize our mission and values. We offer qualified professionals a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in a friendly, flexible, and supportive work environment. We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package — including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; travel assistance and an employee assistance program; and a 401(k) plan and generous paid time off.
We’re looking for committed, creative, and passionate people who deliver results. If you’re looking for an organization that values your integrity, individuality and expertise, Seattle Waldorf School may be the best place you’ll ever work!
Who We Are
At Seattle Waldorf School, students become creative problem-solvers — imaginative thinkers who journey toward intellectual excellence, human compassion, and artistic skill. As an independent school, Seattle Waldorf School offers a most holistic Waldorf education. Our modern curriculum is rooted in tradition — for children 18 months to 18 years. We lead students on a joyful journey that fosters critical thinking, synthesis, and creativity. We are privileged to employ some of the most highly trained Waldorf teachers in the country. Founded in Seattle in 1980, we are the only preschool through grade 12 Waldorf School in Washington.
“I longed for a school system based on creativity, freedom, and the opportunity to connect as individuals. I found just such a school at SWS…. At the high school, it feels like family, and I can’t wait to walk into these doors every day and see all of the students and colleagues that I carry in my heart.”
- Facilities and Safety Manager
- Early Childhood Morning Assistant Teacher
- Early Childhood Substitute Teacher
- Grade School Substitute Teacher
- Handwork Assistant
- Education Support Teaching Assistant (High School)
To apply for an open position, please complete our application for employment and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your resume and a cover letter indicating why you are interested in Seattle Waldorf School and in the position.
Benefits and Perquisites
Seattle Waldorf School offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package intended to support and promote the health and well-being, work/life balance, and financial security of our faculty, staff, and their families.
- Medical Insurance – Choice of two Medical Plans through Kaiser: an HMO and a PPO
- Dental Insurance – Delta Dental of Washington
- Vision Insurance – Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – ComPsych
- Short-Term Disability Insurance – Lincoln Financial
- Long-Term Disability Insurance – Lincoln Financial
- Life & AD&D Insurance – Lincoln Financial
- Group Universal Life with Accelerated Death Benefit for Long-Term Care – Allstate
- Travel Assistance – Lincoln Financial
- 403(b) with discretionary annual employer contribution up to 2% of pay
- 80 hours of sick and safe time leave per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30)
- Vacation Pay for Staff
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Jury/Witness Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Professional Development Support
- Relocation Assistance Depending on Need and HOS Approval
Seattle Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, race, religious affiliation or lack thereof, disability, marital status, veteran status, socioeconomic status, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all matters regarding students (admissions, educational policies, financial aid programs, school-administered programs) as well as to all personnel/employee matters.
2728 NE 100th Street
Seattle, WA 98125
ADMIN OFFICE & MEADOWBROOK CAMPUS2728 NE 100th Street Seattle, WA 98125 206.524.5320 206.523.3920
KINDERHAUS CAMPUS4919 Woodlawn Ave N Seattle, WA 98103
HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS7777 62nd Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98115 206.522.2644
MISSION Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.