A Community of Lifelong Learners
At Seattle Waldorf School, education doesn’t begin and end with our students. Our lecture series, community conversations, and book groups are just a few examples of ways we support caregivers with continued learning opportunities.
Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.
Community education is an important component of the Seattle Waldorf experience for our families. Open to all families and the larger community, our lectures offer opportunities to learn more about child development, Waldorf education, and other topics that are important to building a better world. We also hold community conversations that allow for more discussion than a lecture and draw upon expertise within our faculty and caregiver community.
EQUITY & INCLUSION VIRTUAL SPEAKER SERIES
Led by area independent schools to offer our communities an opportunity to connect, learn, and engage around equity, inclusion, and antiracist education and action
Dr. Erika Lee
Asian Americans in America’s History: A Look to Xenophobia and Racism
Tuesday, November 16
Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum
A Conversation with Dr. Tatum about Race and Racism
Thursday, January 13
Racism and Young People’s Literature
Thursday, March 31
Recordings from Past SWS Lecture Series
- Sex, Youth, and the Internet, presented by Fred Ingham (MA, LMHC, CSAT) on March 23, 2020. Watch video. | Link to slides.
- Three Tsunamis of the Soul: Teens Don’t Drown If They Can Reach Higher Ground, presented by Douglas Gerwin, P.h.D. on January 31, 2018. Listen to a recording.
- Communication in the 21st Century, presented by Christof Wiechert on October 24, 2017. Listen to a recording.
- Weathering Adolescence, presented by Douglas Gerwin, P.h.D., on February 16, 2017. Listen to a recording.
- Building Strong Foundations for Life, presented by Christof Wiechert on November 3, 2016. Listen to a recording.
- Easing Anxiety at any Age, presented by Jenni Pertuset on October 11, 2016. Listen to a recording.
ADMIN OFFICE & MEADOWBROOK CAMPUS2728 NE 100th Street Seattle, WA 98125 206.524.5320 206.523.3920
KINDERHAUS CAMPUS4919 Woodlawn Ave N Seattle, WA 98103
HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS7777 62nd Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98115 206.522.2644
MISSION Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.